Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thing #3: RSS

This was easy to set up. I used RSS feeds in library school, so it's a familiar topic. I set up five different feeds including: 1) my public library system feed, 2) Stephen's Lighthouse (Stephen Abrams of SLA & SiriDynix), 3) National Public Radio feed on Election 2008, 4) National Public Radio feed on new books, and 5) one blog from a fellow 23 Things participant. I found it easiest to copy the RSS feed URL into Google Reader.

I could use this tool at work to subscribe to feeds on key topics. However, I think the most immediate and compelling use will be a personal use--following the Election 2008 news on the NPR feed.

I'm still looking for a blog that I might be interested in reading on a regular basis. I'll try out Stephen Abrams and see what I think. So far, however, there aren't any blogs that have held my attention for very long.

No comments: