Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing #13: Productivity Tools

I struggled with this Thing--lots of details and ideas, but nothing I could grab on to and use. Lots of clutter on some of these websites (Remember the Milk is a prime example).

I had set up a custom startpage on iGoogle previously, so I did not do this again. I just upgraded to Internet Explorer version 7 a couple of weeks ago and noticed today (after doing this Thing), that my custom startpage is gone. Funny, I didn't miss it.

I don't think I'd use the online calendars, as my company and work group run on Outlook.

It'd be nice to find a to-do list that helped. I've used the Tasks on Outlook, but don't find them useful. I've resorted to a handwritten daily to-do list or a yellow sticky on my PC monitor for urgent items. I guess I still like paper and pencil for a lot of things.



I'll be interested in reading the other blogs on this topic, as my 23 Things colleagues may help me find the jewels among these productivity tools.

No comments: