Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing #21: More Social Networks

This attitude has helped change my mind about social networking sites. I always thought they served a purpose but were not for me. I enjoyed viewing Ning and posting a comment to another 23 Things member.

Here's the link to the Ning badge--unfortunately, I can't hotlink as my PC settings have prevented me from doing this (and I can't figure out how to change them):

http://23thingsonastick.ning.com/main/embeddable/list

I also enjoyed the Steve Campion, Pierce County Library article, especially his closing comment: "The library is already a community space. Let's make the social web a new reading room." Although I work in a special library and not a public library, I think we could use social networking in my group to keep connect our employees with resources--perhaps just by starting simple with comments on books that our employees have enjoyed.

I also looked at What's on My Bookshelf and Good Reads. I think I'll join Good Reads. I can always use more recommendations on new titles.

No comments: