Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thing #8: Share Your Creations

The tool that I could put to immediate use in Thing #8 is the first activity, creating and sharing slideshows. We have several databases with site licenses and offer hard-copy self-help guides to assist our users in registering and using the databases. If we created slideshows with these instructions and used live links, it would be easier for our users to get started, and I think, easier for our library staff to keep these instructions updated as changes occur in the interfaces.




These are a few of our databases.

I also really enjoyed eFolio Minnesota. Using these for student portfolios seems an obvious classroom use. I'll have to think about how to use these in a business library. I particularly liked viewing David Adam Mehoves' eFolio. He's a jazz trumpeter--check out his audio feeds on his "Work Samples" tab.

P.S. I noticed some typos on my previous postings even though I had previewed and proofread my posts before publishing. I just noticed the spellcheck icon above, so hope this posting is (relatively) error-free.

No comments: