Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thing #23: Finishing up

In addition to learning some new tools, I've also changed my impression of social media. Previously, I would have dismissed social media as not for me--or for young adults. However, I loved the Flickr activity and plan to use it soon in my job. I've also enjoyed Ning and can see the value in joining a social media site that's the right fit. I'm still working on my attitude about blogs--there's just too much filtering that you need to do to find relevant content.

One thing that would have helped me is if I had a co-worker who was doing this program at the same time. I was the only one in my library participating in 23 Things. I would have enjoyed sharing ideas with my work group.

If it's possible to get a print-out or PDF of 23 Things on a Stick, I'd use that to review and revisit the websites and tools.

Thank you for setting up this program! I'm signing off now...

2 comments:

23 Things said...

Congratulations on finishing! Sounds like a good experience. There is no print out--thought about it but there was just no time!-- but almost all of the links are in the Minn23 De.li.cious account. A few blog posts aren't there but the tools all are in the list. Start with the tag Library2.0. Not as handy as a paper list :-) but a start to finding the tools and sites.

Watch for an expanded "23 More Things On a Stick" sometime in the fall or winter. Thanks for spending time on this.

23 Things said...

And P.S.
I agree, it is more fun if you have a co-worker doing it, too.